10 Portman Square – the new name for 2-14 Baker Street. Sharper, better sounding and, perhaps a better address without having to move….. The name change may help achieve higher rents, shorter rent free enticements and might well have pointed to a clean start (or a break from the old dirty image of the past year, at least).
But the problem with renaming 2-14 Baker Street to 10 Portman Square is that McAleer & Rushe are still on-site and will remain on-site for some time. And would you trust your reputation to that firm?
The rebranding happened too early. It had been talked up at a British Land Office Analyst and Investor event in September of 2011. The website had been launched, and marketing has been under way. But, and a BIG ‘but’, McAleer & Rushe show their mettle for disaster yet again – and tar the new brand, the new name with the old brush.
Residents around the site have had their cars damaged with wet concrete this week – and solely and entirely because McAleer & Rushe are not prepared to clean up their act and adopt practices on site that prevent negative impact on those outside the site.
Local residents are P***ED off yet again. One had brickwork dropped on the roof of his car and has concrete splashed over the paintwork outside another nearby site operated by McAleer & Rushe previously. Not surprising then that McAleer & Rushe have been prosecuted already on their Baker Street sites.
And now this – more damaged paintwork on cars. Same old approach by McAleer & Rushe when complained to – poor excuses. Very poor, in fact.
Simply put – to splash concrete over cars once is once too often. To do it more than once, and taking into account the behaviour of McAleer & Rushe over the past year, is criminal.
- Plundering Ireland? – Disposing NAMA Assets at 50%+ Below Value – McAleer & Rushe, British Land, Bank of Ireland and NAMA (2to14bakerstreet.wordpress.com)
- Q&A: 2-14 Baker Street, British Land and McAleer & Rushe (2to14bakerstreet.wordpress.com)
- Brighton & Hove Council Legal Action against McAleer & Rushe (2to14bakerstreet.wordpress.com)
- 10 Portman Square | W1: Can a Name Name Change Clean up a DIrty Image? (2to14bakerstreet.wordpress.com)
- 10 Portman Square | 2-14 Baker Street Campaign
- 10 Portman Square | W1: Can a Name Change Clean up a Dirty Image? (10portmansquare.wordpress.com)
- Skin Dangers of Working with Concrete (ehssafetynews.com)